Timelines in Kizen are available on every contact and custom object entity. The timeline acts as an audit log of the various activities, updates, and automated actions that have taken place.
The below event types are tracked on the timeline:
- Record Created
- Custom Field Updated on Record
- Activity Scheduled or Logged
- Automation: Started, Resumed, Paused, Cancelled
- Email Sent, Opened, Link Clicked, Attachment Opened
- Entity updates
- Field updates
- Text Message Sent
- Form Submitted
- Survey Submitted
- Webpage Interaction
- Subscription Lists interaction
Timeline entries include the name of the entry, the team members that completed the action, date/time of the action and additional details.
Timelines can be filtered by:
- Related Objects
- Entry Type
- Team Member
Commenting on Timeline
On any Timeline Entry, @mention a team member to notify, collaborate, or clarify an action that took place. The team member mentioned will receive an email to let them know about your comment.
- From the timeline entry, click on the Comment Icon
- Use the @ and begin typing the team member's name and your comment
- Click Send
For related custom objects, Timelines can be shared between entities.
For example, a Company and its associated contacts can share timelines. From the Company timeline, all entries from the associated contacts will appear. This easily gives you a 360 degree view of all activities.
To identify timeline entries from related objects, click on the Relationship Details link next to a timeline entry.
Hide Timelines on Custom Objects
For entities that should not have a timeline associated with them, like product catalogues, you can hide the timeline.
- Select Data from the top menu bar
- Select Custom Objects
- Click the ... next to the custom object
- Select Custom Object Settings
- In the Record Customization section, click the "eye" icon next to Timeline
- Click Save