Pipelines, often called workflows, make it easy to track and measure sales opportunities, client projects, and other internal funnels with fully-customizable pipelines.
Each Pipeline or workflow has stages and entities.
Stages are the individual steps in an overall process. For example, a sales pipeline could be: new lead, qualify lead, present, close deal. A project management pipeline could be: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure
Entities could be sales opportunities, projects, clients, or something else. Entities can be associated with contacts or other Custom Objects. This will show all communication that has previously occurred and allow you to quickly see the entire cycle at a glance. Entity Cards are easily dragged and dropped through the Pipeline to keep their stages accurate.
For even more organization, log activities from Entities.
Add a Pipeline
- Click Data from the top menu bar.
- Click Custom Objects.
- Select New Object.
- Enter the Object Name.
- Note: This will be what the overall pipeline is called.
- Enter the Entity Name.
- Note: Also known as Record Name, this is what individual entities will be called on the pipeline.
- Example: if the object name is "Incoming Sales Pipeline" the entity name might be called "Deal." If the object name is "Project Pipeline" the entity name might be called "Task."
- Choose Object Type: Workflow/Pipeline.
- Choose Where to Include the object.
- Select Make Default on Activities to associate with logged or schedule activities.
- Add Related Objects.
- Record Customization.
- Use the to hide any items you do not want to show when you click into the Entity Card.
- Select General Customization.
- Track Entity $ Value
- Include % Chance to Close
- Add Stages.
- Stage Status: Typically used in Sales Processes, you can update the status to Open, Won, Lost, or Disqualified if they apply to your process.