When you are uploading data via CSV file, you will sometimes need to upload data that contain unicode characters.
A good example of this would be uploading records that contain the Cyrillic alphabet (i.e. Russian)
With excel, you will need to transform the unicode characters into UTF-8 format.
Transform Unicode to UTF - 8
- Open a blank excel sheet
- Select Data > Import External Data > Import Data
- Select your CSV file that contains the unicode characters.
- Choose the dropdown next to File Origin and select "UTF - 8" or "UTF - 7" depending on what type of characters you are uploading. You'll see a preview of the file below it.
- Select Next and proceed through the entire guided setup in the wizard.
- Select Finished - This should transform all unicode characters.
- Save your file as a CSV UTF - 8